For more than 20 years, Parragon has aimed to exceed expectations, providing readers & retailers with high-quality, engaging content at incredible value. Here, useful information on our books, plus things we simply enjoy!
Links to Our Tumblrs
Classic Oatmeal Cookies – Makes 30 Cookies
175 g/6 oz butter, plus extra for greasing,
275 g/9.75 oz demerara sugar,
4 tbsp water,
1 tsp vanilla extract,
375 g/13 oz rolled oats,
140 g/5 oz plain flour,
1 tsp salt,
0.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda.
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 and grease a large baking tray.
2) Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Beat in the egg, water and vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth. In a separate bowl, mix the oats, flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda.
3) Gradually stir the oat mixture into the creamed mixture until thoroughly combined.
4) Place tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking tray, making sure they are well spaced. Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the biscuits are brown.
5) Using a palette knife, carefully transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.